Friday, October 30, 2015

Leg 14: ENKR Kirkenes-Hoybuktmoen to ENSB Longyearben

Total distance traveled: 7535nm
Route distance: 655nm
Plane used: BV-170
Route: ENKR - ENAT - ENHF - ENBJ - ENSB

Taking off from ENKR, I decided to continue my route to ENAT, and then turn north. I stopped and ENHF, partly to refuel, partly because I couldn't turn down a chance to land at a place called Hammerfest. Gorgeous coast line, gorgeous airport. Definitely on my favorites list.

From there, it was bearing 3-4-0 to ENBJ (which isn't in SkyVector - it's a small island between Norway and Svalbard), and then continuing on the ENSB. Svalbard was very pretty, with lots of mountainous terrain. It's so far north, that at this time of year I landed in the dark (at around noon local time). Heres me landing at ENSB airport:


I'll probably explore Svalbard before taking off on the trip to CYLT, which is going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment