Friday, October 23, 2015

Leg 10 - UHMP Pevek to UEST Tiksi - and news regarding the BV-170

Total distance traveled: 4634nm
Route distance: 837nm
Plane used: BV-170
Route: UHMP - UEBN (Nizhneyansk, not in SkyVector) - UESO - UEST




Flying over northern Russia (see that line thing - it goes on for several thousand miles like that). The total leg distance for this one was approximately 800nm, and I was using it as a testbed for the next leg of the flight: flying over the North Pole to CYLT. I made it with approximately 65% of my fuel left.


After this, I decided to update the flight model and instruments of the BV-170, so my test is no longer valid. =]





I'm currently testing and tweaking the flight model. I've added a radio stack, and other instruments to help along the way.


I'm also updating the cockpit meshes. More info to come. I won't be able to fly to CYLT for a while. I'm cheating by testing the flight dynamics in the Dead Sea basin.

No comments:

Post a Comment